Thursday, October 11, 2012

national coming out day





 

It's funny, I never remember this date until I start to see gay friends and gay supporters start tweeting about it... Then I think "wow, has a whole year gone by already?"... Then I think "Hmmm, maybe today is the day I should come out", then I think "My life is already stressful enough, I don't need to add this", then I think "yea, probably a good decision, especially with social media so searchable" (worry sets in about my blog).

Part of me thinks, what would be the point in coming out?  I mean, would I truly have a feeling of relief?  Like what I be like "ugh, finally I can be myself!".  It's not like I would come out to co-workers (not where I work), so it would really be to friends, perhaps family (if it leaked that far).  But then what?  It's not like I crossdress in public, heck it seems like I haven't crossdressed at home in like a few months.  So as a person that is so far seperated from the LGBT community, do I even have a right to come out?  I really wonder about that.  I mean is being a crossdreamer really a legitimate thing to come out with?


No comments:

Post a Comment