Sunday, October 24, 2010

bullies and transgender suicide



I'd like to take a break from the entertainment if I could, and talk about the recent suicides and bullying. Last Wednesday was actually dedicated to bully awareness in the LGBT community (did you wear your purple?). In fact Wednesday night I was at the "america's got talent" tour in Chicago, and Prince Poppycock made a statement about it which was pretty touching, basically saying that the world is a rainbow and with a single color missing we wouldn't be complete culture.


I've been reading the posts on a transgender twitter account, and they said there is a suicide every 18 minutes (and an attempted suicide every minute) in JUST america. Out of all suicides they say 1/3 to 1/2 are LGBT. This statistic is very sad to me, to think that everyday nearly 40 LGBT people are dead from depression.

1 comment: