Monday, January 31, 2011

fictionmania comes to my dream


Had a dream last night that I was in some hotel (perhaps a disneyland of sorts), and I went to some stranger's room, where I was transformed into a woman. I left the room, and started exploring the park as a woman, amazed I was passing and nobody blinked an eye. Then the scary part set in, I was lost. I also wasn't remembering what room I was in that transformed me. I don't know if it was because my memories were being adjusted to my new body or what, but I was not going to transform back. Now while being stuck in a female body in of itself isn't so terrible, the terrible part was that I had no ID. I had no money, no way of proving who I was, even if I somehow miraculously got back home, who was I? I couldn't go back to work, I couldn't find another job since my degree now didn't match who I was, I couldn't drive (my driver's license didn't match now). It really sort of freaked me out.

Again, be careful what you wish for. And maybe the fantasy is just that, a fantasy. We don't really desire for this to happen in real life, we need that off button. And perhaps this is why there exists sex-change regret. Many people believe it's what they want, but in reality they realize it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment