Friday, February 25, 2011

real life SOX9 flip?

So I've been a member of urnotalone.com for a while. Once in a while, I'll browse other local members. I ran across this one today:
http://profiles.urnotalone.com/altantakay

It reads:
Hello,

For those that don't know me from before, I was loveall1972. I was born male, and lived my life accordingly. I enjoyed my life as a man and was doing fine, Until.....

One day I noticed that I was experiencing pain in my pecs, and they were looking kinda puffy. I thought this weird cause I'm a thin guy, and hadn't done anything to strain myself. Some time went on and I talked to a TS friend of mine about it, and told her they were getting worse. She told me I need to go to a doctor and find out what's going on. I did that, and what I was told rocked my world to the core.

I was told that I was experiencing testicular feminization. Some unknown mechanism has turned off my SOX9 gene. This gene is responsible for hormonal control of a male's body. As a result, my testicles are turning the testosterone into estrogen, and I was starting to show the affects, and feel them as well, physically as well as emotionally. I can't take testosterone injections, cause my body will just turn it into estrogen too, and speed the whole thing up. I'm sure faster is better for most trans girls, but for me, I need time to adjust to this. As anyone would guess, this isn't the kind of thing someone approaching middle age needs to experience. I'm very confused, and somewhat fearful of what finally awaits me, but I know this is one of the best sites for supporting TS/TG people and my friends here are doing what they can to help me cope with this. My friend I first told about all of this helped me accept this was going to happen with, or without my participation. So I decided that instead of running from it, I'd embrace it, and do my best to make the best of it. Who knows, I may like it????

I'm a very nice person, I think I'll make a nice, friendly woman eventually, but having lived so long as a straight man, and NEVER having the slightest feeling of being trans, or ever dressing, or anything. It's obvious I need a lot of help.

This is exactly like what I posted not long ago:
http://tgfictionmania.blogspot.com/2011/02/transgender-in-pill.html

I don't know whether to believe this or not, but who would make such a thing up? If it's true, then this is the first time I'm hearing about such a thing happening naturally in a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment