Wednesday, December 23, 2009

netbook

Her boys were begging for a laptop. She was struggling to provide for the family as it was, so christmas was going to be tough this year. She stumbled upon an interesting little shop that was called SRU. She happened to see a small laptop sitting on the counter, so she inquired how much it was.

"How much is that computer?"

"Umm, for you? $10"

"Really? wait a minute, what's wrong with it that your selling it so cheap?"

"Nothing at all, I just know that you can't really afford a laptop, so I'm going to get it go for cheap"

"That seems rude, I might not have the greatest clothes, but I do ok", she retorted.

"Oh no, I don't mean anything by that. I just know that your struggling to find presents for your sons"

"How did you know.. oh nevermind, I'll take it"

"I must warn you though, it does have magical powers"

"Magical? What do you mean?"

"Oh, let's just say that all the things I sell affect people's lives"

"Sure, sure, whatever you say". She wasn't buying into this.

He shrugged his shoulders, and packed it up inside a box and put it in a box. She wrapped it in holiday paper and put it under the tree. When Christmas came, they teared it open, and shouted with glee when they realized it was a computer.

They booted it up, and saw a login screen. There was a checkbox with a user license agreement. As most kids do, they didn't bother reading it and just checked it. Within seconds, all three sons were transformed into girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment